The General Data Protection Regulation came into force as of 25th May 2018. This requires that we issue the following policy and ‘confidentiality’ statement to the customers and clients of Treasured Paws and www.treasuredpaws.co.uk.
This statement may be updated from time to time.
Customers have a right to request the deletion or removal of any personal data when there is no ‘compelling’ reason for its continued use. This request should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information held includes the following
- Contact information, details regarding your pet and the proposed service to be provided will be processed in order to provide the required quote.
- If a service is provided, the information/data held is that contained in the:
- Service Agreement: Contact information and details of the service to be provided. Emergency contact details which will only be used if the need arises. For example, due to a change in circumstances or in the event of an emergency when caring for your pet.
- Key Release Form: Regarding access to your property and arrangements in relation to the use of your key(s).
- Vet Release Form: Regarding emergency vet care if required when care for your pet is being provided.
- Pet Information Form: Regarding any necessary information about your pet(s) in our care.
- Financial records in relation to payments for services received.
- Pictures of your pets may be used on social media and named with your consent (e.g. Facebook or this website). Your consent for this to happen can be withdrawn at any time.
Storage of Information
Paper hardcopies of the above forms are stored in a locked cabinet.
Copies will only be kept for as long as is necessary. They will be destroyed two years (24 months) after the termination of service as evidence should any claims be made against Treasured Paws. This also relates to any electronic information held.
Financial records of payments made will continue to be held for tax purposes for a period of six (6) years. Any account details will not be retained.
Keys are stored in a locked key cabinet and anonymised. Alarm codes are not stored with keys or any of the above forms and are also anonymised.
Electronic information used for invoicing and having contact with customers is stored securely, on a password protected computer and mobile device.
Contact made via the Treasured Paws FaceBook site may result in certain information being requested from you and will be dealt with as per this statement. Information requested may include, for example, your contact details and details related to your pet. This is so that requests for feedback and queries raised can be responded to. Information may also be used to improve the products and services provided.
Contact made via the Treasured Paws website may result in certain information being requested from you and will be dealt with as per this statement. Information requested may include, for example, your contact details and details related to your pet. This is so that requests for feedback and queries raised can be responded to. Information may also be used to improve the products and services provided. Users contacting this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk.
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Personal data may be needed in order to comply with contractual obligations to provide a service. For example:
- Legal Compliance – If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data
- Legitimate Interest – In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which is to be reasonably expected as part of the running of this business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interest.
Privacy, Rights to Withdraw Consent and Transparency
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. This should be sent via email. However, as above, there are circumstances where we will still be required to hold your information under contractual obligations if you have used our services and payment has been requested.
Information may also be anonymised so that it can be used for statistical analysis and business planning related to the services Treasured Paws provides.
Details of personal information which we hold about you/ your pet can be requested at any time. You may also request for any personal information which we hold electronically or in hardcopy to be destroyed. However, as above, there are circumstances where we will still be required to hold your information under contractual obligations if you have used our services and payment has been requested. These requests should be submitted via email.
If you believe that any information we hold related to yourself/ your pet is incorrect or incomplete, please put this in writing via email as soon as possible so this can be addressed
Information held by Treasured Paws will be kept safe and confidential it won’t be shared with any other party, or for marketing, advertising purposes and will not be sold or distributed, unless consent has been obtained from you. However, this may be contravened if issues of risk or cruelty are identified.